Monday, March 21, 2011

In anticipation of Agalloch...

EDIT March 22nd: we won't be able to attend the show due to power beyond our control, which sucks, cause I really wanted to see them. So there won't be any review of the show.

Original post:
I'm quite busy today in the lab and I completely forgot that tomorrow evening my dear spouse and myself are going to see Agalloch and Worm Ouroboros at Le Poisson Rouge in NYC.

As I've mentioned here before, I don't like (to put it mildly) going to live shows for various reasons, but essentially, I'm not that type of person to go to live shows.

Yet, since we moved to Long Island almost 5 years ago, I went to more live shows than I've attended my entire life until then. We've seen Porcupine Tree, Advent+Infinite Orchestra, Van Der Graaf Generator, Renaissance, Time Of Orchids, John Zorn+Dreamers, Zoe Keating and some silly Beatles cover band. It's not much, and it shows you how much I went to live shows before arriving here. 

Tomorrow, I'll add to that list the mighty Agalloch who are including the East Coast on their tour. Since it's not a common sight to have them around here, I figured I'll overcome my distaste for shows (and metal shows especially), to go see them. Since we both adore their first two full-lengths (but also, to a lesser degree, the last two albums; I'm leaving all the ep's out of it for now), we couldn't pass this opportunity and we hope they play a tune or two from any of those earlier releases. But I also look forward to hearing songs from Marrow of the Spirit live. 

Perhaps I'll catch Don Anderson, as I'm also a big fan of Sculptured. We had an exchange of emails when I got copy of Embodiment for review (fantastic album by the way). I'd like to know if there are any new sculptures in the making or any plans for a new one.

I hope to put some short report on the show afterwards, like the one I did for Zoe Keating's show in NYC (at the same venue).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?