Monday, February 14, 2011

A Tune to Discover the Moon With...: Clint Mansell - Moon OST / Welcome to Lunar Industries (Three Year Stretch....)

What's your favourite Clint Mansell Composition/Soundtrack?

Upon seeing the movie Moon, I found myself much more impressed with the music than the movie. Indeed, I thought that had the movie not been graced by Mr. Mansell's music, it would have suffered greatly. The music is as simple and often minimalistic as is the movie, and combined, the effect is synergistic. (I am not knocking down the movie or saying it's bad, by the way; in fact I have an urge to watch it again).

Here's the closing piece from the album, with the main theme. I was unable to stop listening to this for about 2 weeks after watching the movie. These days, I have a sudden need every now and then to listen to it. It has an addictive characteristic, much like a lot of Mr. Mansell's music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?