Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recommendation: Filteria (Greece/Sweden; psy-trance)

http://img1.nnm.ru/b/0/0/d/8/b00d8aa2c425407f513a928ebf72ec8b_full.jpg

Despite not having written on it this much here, I love good psy-trance music.

As I was coming back to this type of music more and more in 2009-2010, I started paying more attention to Greek artist Jannis Tzikas, aka Filteria, who works in Stockholm, Sweden nowadays.
He has released 3 albums on the Goa/Psy-Trance label, Suntrip Records:
Sky Input (2004)
Heliopolis (2006)
Daze of Our Lives (2009)

My favourites are the two first album, and Heliopolis in particular with its relentless pounding of great beats and insane psychedelic twirls and twits. I've heard enough mediocre psy-trance, but Filteria's music is to me, in this field, in the top of the crop. A superb psychedelic and out-of-body listening experience. Also great for the gym...
Website
Myspace







No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?