Monday, April 18, 2011

Recommendation: Bacamarte - Depois do Fim (1983)



Have you had any albums that caught your ear on the first note?

I don't just mean, intrigued or sounded good, but literally made you think "this is going to be a good one!" and grabbed your full attention right away.


Depois Do Fim is one such album that did this to me. Having read favourable comments and reviews about the album on Prog Archives a few years back, I got hold of the album and once it started to play, I was chained to the speakers.
The music on this album has such a sense of livelihood and essence, a spark of life, that it seems contagious. With melancholic undertones, it still imbues an optimistic feel and joviality (perhaps I'm dead wrong, as I have no idea what the lyrics, in Portugese, say).
Highly skilled, the band presents rich sounding and intricate compositions that match some of the best progressive rock of the 70s, with more than a touch of folk, fronted by Jane Duboc's beautiful voice.

The album has been reissued in 2009 (available on Amazon and Syn Phonic-Greg Walker) 
This is a gem not to be missed.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?