Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sounds Heard Today (Sep. 7th, 2010)

I'll start with the sounds of late last night and then move to today's hangings.

I started with some Italian prog rock and the wonderful album by:
Locanda Delle Fate - Forse Le Lucciole Non Si Amano Piu (a wonderful melodic album with great vocals, though I think they will be an acquired taste to some; you can also read about it here)

Sometimes late at night I feel like listening to either some psychedelic rock or sludge metal; I need some music that's dirty sounding, atmospheric, aggressive, dense, heavy, mid-tempo, powerful, relaxing, loud etc.
So I started with one of my favourite albums:
Neurosis - Souls At Zero (a seminal album, a change in direction from the two that preceded it)

I then continued with a more recent album:
Howl - Full of Hell
(influenced by Neurosis and the likes, sludgy, dirty, aggressive, angry, dense, heavy, great!)

As I started working this morning, I began with:
Persefone - Shin-Ken (extreme prog-metal from Andorra)

Then I calmed down with some post-rock, which wasn't that good, but I needed some of that special atmosphere:

Liam - Journey... Two Years and a Fragment

Then I headed for some hardcore/post-punk in the form of:
Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come
Fugazi - Repeater


After that I felt again, the need, like last night, for psychedelic, dense and atmospheric music, so I "headed" to these two psychedelic rock bands:
Quest For Fire - Lights From Paradise (another good band on the fine psych-centered label Tee Pee)
Hypnos 69 - The Eclectic Measure (Graet Belgian psych/space-rock band who recently released a new album called Legacy)


Albums of the Day:
Neurosis - Souls At Zero
Howl - Full of Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?